Thursday, December 11, 2014

MACRO FRIENDS

NON ADDITIVE DESOLVE
I used the non-additive dissolve near the opening sequence in order to give the illusion that the band/actors are jumping out of one another. A similar effect is also used in the System of the Down video Chop Suey, as well as Around the World by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, who also tie into the rock genre which Macro Friends sits itself in. 


BLACK AND WHITE
I changed the video to black and white so that there was some synergy with the digipak as well as the website. I wanted the album titles 'monochrome' to more like a mantra than a product: but the purpose of grey scaling the image is to do just that. To sell the product. I was also influenced by Die Antwoord's I Fink U Freeky music video. 


YELLOW ARIAL FONT CAPS
Yellow against a black background is commonly known to be a high-impact colour scheme. Therefore, in order to have amore dramatic effect I overlayed lyrics on top of the clips to draw attention away from some of the messier camera cuts, and to also entertain the audience. They learn the lyrics as well as the get a taste of what the band is about. I got this idea from My Chemical Romance's lyric video of Na Na Na.



No comments:

Post a Comment